Dreamscapes on the Road: A Journey Along the Isabel Pass



As we approached Isabel Pass, Alaska it was once again my turn to drive the RV.  I was struck by the raw beauty of the landscape along the mountain pass. The road wound through mountains and valleys, with waterfalls cascading down the cliffs and clouds swirling overhead. It was like driving through a dreamscape, with each turn revealing a new and breathtaking vista.  The waterfalls were particularly mesmerizing, seeming to drip from the sky and disappear into the valleys below. I was so captivated by the sight that I found myself getting angry because I was driving and couldn't stop to capture the beauty on camera.  Striking rays of sunshine randomly penetrating the cloud cover to illuminate the lush green canopy of dense alpine forest. Morphing into brilliant volumetric rays as the light danced with the water vaper in the high-altitude atmosphere. Random rainbows would appear and just as quickly as they materialized, they would vanish.  It was entirely intoxicating to the eye, as if we teleported to an alien planet. 




As I drove further along the pass, the mountains and clouds seemed to merge, creating an otherworldly atmosphere. The land was wild and untamed, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the power and majesty of nature.

Despite the wonders that surrounded me, I found myself growing increasingly frustrated because I couldn't stop to take it all in. The RV was a cumbersome beast, and there were few pull-offs or overlooks along the road. I was stuck behind the wheel, unable to do anything but soak up the beauty through the windshield.

Eventually I found a space to pull over and attempted to capture at least a few photographs of what we were experiencing.

Finally, we reached the end of the pass, and the spell was broken. The landscape changed, and the sense of wonder and awe began to fade. But the memories of my drive along the Isabel Pass remained with me, and I knew that I would always treasure the experience.





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.